AvaTrade is a brokerage firm that provides effective trading platforms and tools for the trade of financial assets.
Amongst its features and trading tools is the social auto-trading platform called ZuluTrade.
ZuluTrade is a social and copy trading platform that gives users the ability to copy the trades of professional and expert traders in the financial market.
This AvaTrade ZuluTrade feature gives traders the ability to easily follow the activities and trading strategies of a wide network of traders, automatically analyzing and monitoring the market on behalf of the trader.
For more information about AvaTrade and its characteristics, we strongly suggest to check our AvaTrade Review.
AvaTrade: a brief introduction to the broker
AvaTrade is a pioneering online brokerage firm that offers a direct gateway to the financial trading market by giving traders, investors, and financial institutions the ability to trade more than 1250 instruments including forex, stocks, commodities, cryptocurrencies, and indices.
The broker was established in Ireland in the year 2006 with its offices in Dublin, Milan, New York, Sydney, and Tokyo. AvaTrade has more than 200,000 clients scattered all over the world and has won many awards including the best forex broker in Europe.
The broker has over the years carved a remarkable reputation as a reliable and trustworthy broker by providing a user-oriented trading environment where trades are conducted with advanced trading platforms. This brokerage firm provides trading websites in more than 20 different languages, provides segregated accounts to enhance fund security, offers competitive spreads and leverages, and avails 24/7 customer care services for effective support.
The minimum deposit at AvaTrade is 100 dollars.
Where is AvaTrade available?
AvaTrade is licensed and regulated by a good number of financial bodies/agencies that foresees its trading activities. That is why the broker is available in many countries all-round the world with only a few exceptions:
- Europe: Belgium
- America: USA
- Africa: Zimbabwe
- Asia: India, Iran, Iraq, Israel, and Pakistan.
AvaTrade Trading Platforms
- AvaTradeGo: This trading platform is a financial trading App for mobile phones that gives traders the ability to connect with the global trading markets, designed to include live trading fees and social trends. The AvaTradeGo trading platform includes a tool called AvaProtect which is a protection technology that has the ability to reduce traders/user’s risk during trade executions.
- WebTrader: The WebTrader is a trading platform that provides all the essentials of trading in just one click, anywhere and at any time just with a web browser and a good internet connection. This trading platform gives traders the ability to access a wide selection of studies and trading indicators. It also includes a Trading Central use for technical insight and instant pattern identification.
- MetaTrader 4: The MT4 is an industry benchmark when it comes to online trading. It can be customized easily and designed to be user-friendly to both beginner traders and seasoned market experts. The MT4 is a flexible and fast trading platform that avails trading signals from the top provides, includes an Expert Advisor for Algo-trading, and can be accessed using a PC, web, and mobile devices.
- MetaTrader 5: The MetaTrader 5 trading platform is a multi-functional platform that supports Auto-trading, includes technical tools, and enables users to trade instruments using copy trading. This trading platform has the ability to perform advanced trading across multiple instruments, offers superior trade executions, designed with feature-rich advanced trading tools.
- ZuluTrade: The ZuluTrade trading platform is one of the Auto-trading platforms made available by AvaTrade for its clients. As earlier said, this trading platform has the ability to convert the recommendations of market trading pros and then carry out an automatic trade exaction on your AvaTrade account. This pioneering auto trading platform can be connected to MetaTrader 4 and MetaTrader 5 through an API. The ZuluTrade is made available via PC, Web, and Mobile. It is an online and social trading platform founded in the year 2007.
How to connect your AvaTrade Account with ZuluTrade
Step 1 – Open your AvaTrade Demo Account
If you are a beginner trader, you should consider opening a demo trading account before owning a live account. A demo account is known as a practice account that gives traders the ability to sharpen their trading skills, get familiar with the financial market, and know how to conduct self-market analysis. In the demo trading account, trades are conducted with virtual money without risk and in an almost exact replica of the live account environment.
Here, you learn how to interpret price charts and patterns, set adequate trading strategies that work, make good decisions on when to enter or exit a trade, and know what currency to trade and when.
Once you familiarize yourself with the trading environment, you can now proceed to open a live trading account with AvaTrade. AvaTrade demo account has a limited time of 21 days. However, the time can be extended by contacting the broker or by opening a live trading account.
If you need any help with creating your first demo account then you may check out our guide on AvaTrade demo account for a tutorial.
Step 2 – AvaTrade Accounts
AvaTrade offers different types of live trading accounts to its clients.
- The standard account: This account type has A minimum account size of 100 dollars, supports the trade of all available instruments and avails trades in multi-platforms like MT4, MT5, mobile trading, AvaTrader, WebTrader, and Mac Trader as forex trading platforms.
- Professional account: This account type is mostly for professional traders and comes with a lot of benefits. Traders who trade with this account have access to leverages as much as 400:1.
- Spread Betting Account: This trading account is meant only for the UK and Irish clients due to regulatory reasons.
- Islamic Account: With the Islamic account, traders can enjoy all the benefits, possibilities, and trading options of a regular account without being subject to any type of special fees and interests. This account type offers High leverage of up to 1:400.
- Options account: This account type is perfect for traders who want to trade options.
If you need major details to help you decide which type is best suited for your needs, you may consult our guide on AvaTrade account types.
Step 3 – Verify and fund your Account
Opening a live trading account with AvaTrade is a straight forward process. The three steps required are
- Go to the main page on the AvaTrade website and click on “Register Now” then choose the real/live account.
- Fill in your personal details like name and email address including any other requested info.
- Fill in the registration form and complete the account opening process. A verification link will be sent to the registered email. Verify your live trading account and login.
- Once the account has been verified, you can make your initial deposit of 100 dollars by various account funding methods like wire bank, credit cards (excluding Canada), and eWallets like Skrill, WebMoney, and Neteller (this one is not available for EU or Australian clients)
You may also check our guide on AvaTrade live account for a complete opening tutorial and how to start trading with AvaTrade.
Step 4 – Connect ZuluTrade with your AvaTrade Account
As a trader, you need to open a ZuluTrade account first before connecting it to your AvaTrade broker. You have to input your personal details and documents then register with your email. Your email will be automatically bunded to the Zulutrade account then you will be granted access to the platform.
Once you open a ZuluTrade account, select AvaTrade as your broker. You will automatically get redirected to the broker’s (AvaTrade) homepage; all you need to do is follow the process outlined. The process of connecting your ZuluTrade to a broker can take up to two to three business days.
Once the linking process is completed, you can now use MT4 or the proprietary ZuluTrade platform
Step 5 – Choose your ZuluTrade Account type
You can choose between 3 account types:
The profit-sharing account provides an Auto-trading system for followers with a discounted commission and pays off traders who maximize profits in their trading accounts. Here, traders will benefit from a discounted broker commission for each trading.
With the Profit-sharing account, if there is a high percentage of profits generated from a followers account, it results in a subsequent increase in compensation for the trader or signal provider. The account also promotes a deeper bond between followers and traders. The features of a profit-sharing account include:
- 30 monthly subscription
- Zero trading commissions (referring to copy-trading)
- Recommended for hands-off investors
The classic account is recommended for advanced users. Here, traders tend to benefit from manual or fully customized copy-trading. There is also an inclusion of Standard volume-based commissions however, it’s better you are sure of the trading experience before trading with this account. Its features include:
- Manual or fully customized copy-trading
- Recommended for advanced users.
The third one is the Trader Account: This is available for signal providers only and requires that traders submit different information to the copy trading broker before opening the account.
ZuluTrade also offers free demo accounts. The demo account gives traders the ability to trade with virtual money, test-run the ZuluTrade, and gain basic knowledge on how it functions generally. Here, you can trade on the go and keep records of your success as a way of evaluating the platform.
Step 6 – Define your trading strategy
There exist different trading styles and strategies used when trading forex. Once you have satisfied all the requirements mentioned above (from steps 1 to 5), it’s time to choose your ZuluTrade strategy. For example
- Expert Advisors can be used through the ZuluTrade platform or through MT4. It can depend on the broker you’ve selected.
- Scalping: this trading strategy is advisable for expert traders. This trading strategy is the ability to make profits off of small price changes.
- Hedging is allowed, too. It is a risk management trading strategy used to offset losses during trading by taking an opposite position in a related instrument
- Cryptocurrencies: it has a specific service available for crypto copy trading. You can follow crypto traders and copy their positions in the markets.
- Social trading: copy traders can choose among a solid number of signal providers to follow because ZuluTrade allows every trading technique
Why should you connect AvaTrade to ZuluTrade?
- ZuluTrade consists of a user-friendly interface which makes it easy and intuitive to use with no programming skill involved.
- The trading platform automatically creates a list/report of expert traders, ranked based on their trade success rates, number of followers/subscribers, and the type of trading instruments used.
- It includes a trading tool called ZuluGuard which is known as an advanced risk management tool that protects traders by monitoring their accounts, secure profits, and minimize perceived risks. Therefore, it is a traders’ safety net when trading with the ZuluTrade platform.
- It is an excellent trading software for social and copy trading.
- It is compatible with MetaTrader 4 and Expert Advisors and can be used via web and mobile.