At InvestinGoal, we adhere to strict standards to ensure an unbiased review process. We conduct our reviews by examining each broker’s offering and performance across 4 key categories. A final rating is produced for each forex broker based on a total of 187 data points. Learn more about our review process and methodology.
The InvestinGoal team has prepared this top ten featuring some of the best market maker brokers. You will find the following features explained for each broker:
- Assets features
- Spreads on forex
- Techniques allowed
Table of Content
- AvaTrade: best for fixed spread trading
- IG Markets: wide range of tradable assets
- EasyMarkets: best customer service
- XTB: for educational resources
- Forex.com: best for high-volume traders
- Plus500: one of the best for CFD trading
- Saxo Bank: best for professional forex traders
- Roboforex: best for algo traders
- City Index: best for trading tools
- Oanda: best for beginners
CFDs are complex instruments and come with a high risk of losing money rapidly due to leverage.
Between 74-89% of retail investor accounts lose money when trading CFDs.
You should consider whether you can afford to take the high risk of losing your money
- AvaTrade is regulated by the BVI, IIROC, ASIC, FSRA, CBI, FFAJ, and FSA
- AvaTrade offers 200+ assets, including 60 forex pairs, commodities, indices, stocks, ETFs, bonds, and forex options.
- Clients find fixed spreads from 0.9 pips on forex.
- Hedging, Scalping, and EAs allowed for AvaTrade traders. Also, Spread betting is available for UK clients.
(79% of retail CFD accounts lose money)
2. IG Markets
- IG Markets is a market-maker broker regulated by the FCA, ASIC, FMA, FSCA, NFA, MAS, DFSA, JFSA, FINMA, and BMA.
- Clients have access to 17,000 CFD assets, including 80 currency pairs, commodities, indices, stocks, bonds, interest rates, ETFs, sectors, options, turbo warrants, and digital100.
- IG spreads on forex from 0.6 pips.
- Hedging, scalping and EAs are all accepted as trading techniques by IG Markets.
- Spread Betting is also permitted for UK clients.
Visit IG Markets
(76% of retail investor accounts lose money)
- easyMarkets is regulated by the BVI, FSA, ASIC and CySEC.
- Clients find 200+ easyMarkets assets, including 60+ forex pairs, crypto, commodities, shares, and indices.
- The easyMarkets spreads charged by the market-maker broker start from 0.3 pips.
- Techniques such as hedging, scalping and EAs are allowed by easyMarkets.
75% of retail CFD accounts lose money
- XTB is a DMA/Market-maker broker and is regulated by FCA, CySEC, KNF, IFSC, FSCA, and the DFSA.
- 5400+ XTB assets are available for clients, including 48 forex pairs, indices, commodities, crypto, ETFs, and shares.
- Spreads on XTB currency pairs start from 0.3 pips.
- Hedging, Scalping and EAs are all techniques accepted by XTB.
79% of retail CFD accounts lose money
- Forex.com is a hybrid STP/ Market-Maker broker and it is regulated by the FCA, CySEC, IIROC, ASIC, CIMA, FSA, MAS, and SFC.
- Forex.com clients will find 2,000+ assets, including 80 fx pairs, indices, shares, commodities and crypto.
- Forex.com spreads can be found from 0.5 pips on forex.
- Scalping, Hedging and EAs are all accepted by Forex.com.
73% of retail CFD accounts lose money
- Plus500 is a market-maker CFD provider regulated by CySEC, ASIC, MAS, FSCA, and the SFSA.
- The range of assets provided are 2000+, including 60+ forex pairs, indices, commodities, crypto, ETFs, options, and shares.
- Plus500 spreads on forex are variable.
(77% of retail CFD accounts lose money)
7. Saxo Bank
- Saxo Bank is a market-maker broker regulated by FCA, ASIC, MAS, UAE Central Bank, FINMA, FSA, and SFC HK.
- Saxo Bank offers 40,000 assets, including forex, shares, bonds, ETF, CFDs, options, and futures.
- Spreads charged by Saxo on forex pairs start from 0.4 pips.
- Scalping and hedging are not allowed by Saxo Bank.
Visit Saxo Bank
72% of retail CFD accounts lose money
- Roboforex is a market-maker which also offers ECN accounts and it is regulated by IFSC and CySEC.
- Roboforex provides 130,000+ assets, including forex, commodities, index, stocks, ETFs, crypto, and Russian GDRs.
- Spreads on ECN accounts start from 0 pips with Roboforex.
- Hedging and scalping are allowed by Roboforex.
(74-89% of retail CFD accounts lose money)
9. City Index
- City Index is a market-maker regulated by FCA, ASIC, MAS, and UAE Central Bank.
- 4600+ assets are provided for City Index clients, including 84 fx pairs, commodities, indices, crypto, stocks, bonds, interest rates, and options.
- City Index spreads on forex start from 0.5 pips.
- City Index clients can benefit from Scalping, Hedging, and EAs techniques. Moreover, spread betting is in place for UK traders.
Visit City Index
75% of retail CFD accounts lose money
- Oanda is a market-maker broker regulated by ASIC, IIROC, MAS, FSA, NFA, and the FCA.
- Oanda offers 120+ assets, including 70 forex currency pairs, indices, commodities, bonds, and crypto.
- Spreads start from 0.8 pips on Oanda forex.
- Oanda allows hedging, scalping and EAs, as well as Spread betting under the FCA entity.
73.5% of retail CFD accounts lose money
About The Author