At InvestinGoal, we adhere to strict standards to ensure an unbiased review process. We conduct our reviews by examining each broker’s offering and performance across 4 key categories. A final rating is produced for each forex broker based on a total of 187 data points. Learn more about our review process and methodology.
In this top-ten, we have listed the best brokers offering a Guaranteed Stop Loss feature. A guaranteed stop-loss can be a great risk management tool that you can leverage to prevent the loss of your trading capital.
We have taken into consideration:
- If the GSLO is provided;
- If the GSLO service comes with additional costs;
- Specific features or situations to know about when setting a GSLO with the broker.
Table of Content
Here is a quick roundup of the key information in table form.
CFDs are complex instruments and come with a high risk of losing money rapidly due to leverage.
Between 74-89% of retail investor accounts lose money when trading CFDs.
You should consider whether you can afford to take the high risk of losing your money
|BROKERS||GUARANTEED STOP LOSS||ADDITIONAL COSTS FOR GSL||MINIMUM DEPOSIT|
*Number of contracts x Value per points x Stop premium.
**Premium rate x number of units.
***Number of points set by the broker depending on the market x quantity of CFDs (e.g. indices, forex, commodities) or Percentage x notional trade value (e.g. equities).
Top 6 Brokers with Guaranteed Stop Loss: 2022 Review
Below is a list of the top brokers with guaranteed stop loss. Please note that the service may not be available in some locations.
So before you choose a broker, check if the service is available in your present country.
- Plus500 provides Guaranteed Stop Loss on their proprietary platform.
- A GSLO with Plus500 can be set only in specific situations.
- When opening a new position on the Plus platform and once you’ve set the GSLO, it cannot be removed, though the level can be modified.
- Moreover, the Plus500 GSLO must be placed within specific distances from the current price of the instrument chosen by you.
- With Plus500, you will get charged a wider spread once you set the GSLO on your position. Additionally, once activated, the wider spread charge cannot be refunded.
(77% of retail CFD accounts lose money)
2. IG Markets
- IG Markets offers the Guaranteed Stop Loss feature with a cost, but only if the stop is triggered.
- The cost of the IG Markets GSL service depends on the market you are operating on.
- If the stop is triggered, IG Markets will charge you for that. You can see the guaranteed stop cost, called Stop Premium, before opening a deal as it will be shown near the bottom of the ticket.
- If the IG Markets GSL is triggered, the Stop Premium will be displayed in your history and overnight statement.
- The Stop Premium is calculated as follows: Number of contracts x Value per point x Stop Premium. e.g: 1x$10×1.40= US$14.
- Remember, with IG Markets, when the asset is closed, you can only increase the distance of your GSLO and not decrease it.
Visit IG Markets
(76% of retail investor accounts lose money)
- easyMarkets offers the free Guaranteed Stop Loss feature on its proprietary platform and mobile apps, ensuring that a trade will be closed at the very specific level set by you if the market goes against you.
- Setting a guaranteed stop loss on a position with easyMarkets comes with no extra cost.
- easyMarkets clients can set a GSLO on every asset.
- easyMarkets clients can modify a GSLO if they wish.
75% of retail CFD accounts lose money
4. CMC Markets
- CMC Markets provides the Guaranteed Stop Loss under some conditions.
- First of all, GSLO with CMC has to be placed at least a minimum distance away from the current price and can only be placed initially during the trading hours of the asset.
- CMC does not provide the GSL on every asset you wish to trade on, so check first.
- Second of all, there is a cost (GSLO premium) of the GSL service which is calculated: Premium Rate x Number of Units. The Premium Rate is found in the product overview on the CMC platform.
- CMC clients will find that the GSLO premium will be refunded if a GSLO is not triggered.
- Last, with CMC you can cancel a GSLO or switch to a regular stop-loss order or trailing stop-loss order anytime you want with no extra cost.
Visit CMC Markets
78% of retail investor accounts lose money when spread betting and/or trading CFDs with this provider.
5. City Index
- With City Index, if you wish to set a guaranteed stop loss, you will only pay a small fee (GSLO premium) for added protection if your GSLO is triggered.
- With City Index, the cost of your Guaranteed Stop Loss Order is calculated depending on the asset type and on your position size.
- For assets like UK100 or US Crude Oil, the formula is as follows: Number of Points set by the broker x Quantity of CFDs charged in base currency. e.g. you’ve bought 2 CFDs of US Crude Oil. The number of points for US Oil is 4. The Premium GSLO is 4×2=8.
- Note that the City Index GSL service is now available for all 12,000+ assets.
- City Index allows clients to amend the level of a GSLO for free after placing a trade only during the trading hours. You can instead cancel the GSLO anytime you want.
Visit City Index
73% of retail CFD accounts lose money
- Guaranteed Stop Loss with Markets.com is not available for all the clients depending on your location/jurisdiction.
- The GSLO can be changed after your Markets.com position is opened and you can modify it anytime you want.
- With Markets.com, there is no minimum distance to meet when placing the GSLO.
- Markets.com allows you to set a GSLO on all the assets.
- Also, note that even with a GSLO attached to your position, Markets.com still gives you the possibility to set a Stop Loss or Take Profit.
- A Markets.com personal account manager can help you if you have any doubts about GSLO.
79,90% of retail CFD accounts lose money
About The Author