At InvestinGoal, we adhere to strict standards to ensure an unbiased review process. We conduct our reviews by examining each broker’s offering and performance across 4 key categories. A final rating is produced for each forex broker based on a total of 187 data points. Learn more about our review process and methodology.
In this top ten you will find brokers which offer CFD commodities.
These kinds of products are divided into three different types:
- Hard Commodities: This includes gold, silver, copper, platinum, palladium;
- Soft Commodities: This includes common agricultural products including wheat, corn, sugar, coffee, soybeans, and generally what grows;
- Energies: This includes crude oil, heating oil, and natural gas.
Below is a comparison of the broker’s minimum spreads and the total number of commodity assets offered:
|COMMODITY BROKERS||TOTAL COMMODITIES||MINIMUM SPREAD ON WTI||MINIMUM SPREAD ON GOLD|
|eToro||30+||0.05 pips||0.45 pips|
|AvaTrade||15+||0.03 pips||0.29 pips|
|IG Markets||45+||0.06 pips||0.6 pips|
|FXTM||5||0.05 pips||0.3 pips|
|FP Markets||10||0.02 pips||0.3 pips|
|Pepperstone||30+||0.02 pips||0.05 pips|
|CMC Markets||100+||0.025 pips||0.3 pips|
|City Index||20+||0.015 pips||0.03 pips|
|Interactive Brokers||135+||0.25 USD||0.015%|
CFDs are complex instruments and come with a high risk of losing money rapidly due to leverage.
Between 74-89% of retail investor accounts lose money when trading CFDs.
You should consider whether you can afford to take the high risk of losing your money
Here’s a list of the best brokers for commodity trading in 2023:
- 30+ commodities traded as CFDs, including futures on assets like Platinum, Aluminum, Nickel, and Crude Oil.
- Spreads start from 0.45 pips on Gold and from 0.05 pips on WTI Oil.
- eToro offers leverage up to 20:1 on Gold and 10:1 on other commodities for ASIC, FCA, and EU-regulated traders.
- Through eToro’s social trading platform, you can interact with and learn from other commodity traders.
(79% of retail investor accounts lose money when trading CFDs with this provider. You should consider whether you can afford to take the high risk of losing your money)
- Access to 15+ commodities including metals and energies.
- Fixed spread of 0.29 pips on Gold and of 0.03 pips on WTI Crude Oil.
- Leverage of 20:1 on Gold and of 10:1 on other commodities.
- Spread betting available for UK and Irish traders on different assets, including commodities.
(79% of retail CFD accounts lose money)
- Trade CFD commodities options on Oil, Natural Gas and Gold.
- Overall there are 20+ commodities you can choose from including metals, energies, and soft commodities.
- Spreads on Gold and on WTI Oil are variable.
- Leverage of 20:1 on Gold and of 10:1 on other commodities under Plus500CY, and Plus500AU Pty Ltd. For Singaporean traders, leverage on commodities is up to 5:1, while it’s up to 150:1 for international traders.
(77% of retail CFD accounts lose money)
4. IG Markets
- Over 45 tradable commodities.
- With IG Markets you can trade commodities in different ways including through Barrier options, Vanilla options, CFDs, and Futures.
- Spot spread starts from 0.028 pips on Spot WTI Oil and from 0.3 pips on Spot Gold.
- Future spread starts from 0.06 pips on Future WTI Oil and from 0.6 pips on Future Gold.
- Leverage of 20:1 on Gold and 10:1 on other commodities is available for EU, ASIC, FCA, and FSCA traders. For international. traders, leverage may vary depending on the volume of the trade. This can change from 6:1 to 200:1.
Visit IG Markets
(76% of retail investor accounts lose money)
- Right now FXTM only accepts professional traders in Europe.
- The maximum leverage for professional EU traders is 52:1 on Brent Oil, 49:1 on US Oil, and up to 300:1 on metals. Under the global entity of the broker, traders can trade commodities with leverage up to 2,000:1 depending on the volume traded.
- Five commodities to trade in total. Spot Gold, Spot Silver, Spot Brent Oil, Spot WTI Oil, Spot US Natural Gas.
- Spreads from 0.3 pips on XAUUSD.
81% of retail CFD accounts lose money
6. FP Markets
- 11 commodities to choose from including four different metals (Gold, Silver, Palladium Cash, and Platinum Cash), five soft commodities, and two energies.
- The spread on WTI starts from 0.02 pips when traded as spot, and 0.04 pips when traded as futures. On the other hand, Gold is traded with an average spread of 0.3 pips.
- Leverage of 20:1 on Gold and 10:1 on other commodities for ASIC, and CySEC clients.
Visit FP Markets
74-89% of retail CFD accounts lose money
- Access to 30+ commodities, including metals, energies, and soft commodities.
- With Pepperstone, it’s also possible to spread bet on commodities for UK residents.
- Spread start from 2 pips on Spot Crude Oil and 0.05 pips on Spot Gold.
- The leverage offered on commodities is up to 20:1, with the exception of international traders trading under SCB that can access leverage of up to 200:1.
(75.9% of retail CFD accounts lose money)
8. CMC Markets
- Earn monthly cash rebates by trading CFD commodities depending on the level you qualify for. Monthly trade volume of $5M is required for a 5% spread discount At level 4, a $30M+ monthly volume will get a 20% spread discount.
- CMC Markets’ UK traders can also open a spread betting account to trade commodities.
- You will find 100+ commodities that include Futures and Spot Brent Oil, WTI Crude Oil, Silver, and Gold. Different soft commodities are offered, too. Commodities Indices are also available.
- Spread from 0.3 pips on Gold and from 0.025 pips on WTI Oil.
- Leverage of 20:1 on Gold, and 10:1 on other commodities for EU, ASIC, and FCA-regulated clients. Leverage of 23:1 on Gold for Canadian traders, and up to 200:1 for NZ traders.
Visit CMC Markets
78% of retail investor accounts lose money when spread betting and/or trading CFDs with this provider.
9. City Index
- UK traders trading with City Index can access spread betting.
- Commodities Options are also available.
- Around 20 commodities available traded as CFDs and Futures.
- WTI spreads start from 0.015 pips for spot trading and from 0.04 pips for Futures trading.
- Spreads on gold start from 0.03 pips.
- Leverage of 20:1 on Gold, and 10:1 on other commodities for EU, UK, and ASIC-regulated traders. Leverage of 5:1 on every commodity for Singaporean traders.
Visit City Index
75% of retail CFD accounts lose money
10. Interactive Brokers
- Interactive Brokers supports 135 commodities in total including energies, hard commodities, soft commodities, and Futures on 30+ markets.
- Options trading is also available when trading metals.
- Futures commissions range from USD 0.25 to USD 0.85 per contract.
- CFD commissions on Gold is 0.015% per trade.
- Options commissions range from USD 0.15 to 0.65 per US option contract.
Visit Interactive Brokers
74-89% of retail CFD accounts lose money
About The Author
Online Broker For You