At InvestinGoal, we adhere to strict standards to ensure an unbiased review process. We conduct our reviews by examining each broker’s offering and performance across 4 key categories. A final rating is produced for each forex broker based on a total of 187 data points. Learn more about our review process and methodology.
To create our list of some of the best forex brokers in Pakistan, we sorted the brokers according to the following criteria:
- highly regulated global forex brokers
- local deposit and withdrawal methods
- costs and commissions of the broker
- general quality of services offered
Table of Content
- XM: best forex broker in Pakistan overall
- OctaFX: best for low costs
- FBS: best for overall trading experience
- HotForex: best for trading features
- CMC Markets: best for CFD stock trading
- AvaTrade: best for fixed spreads
- FxPro: best for customer service
- FXTM: best for professional traders
- Pepperstone: best for day traders
CFDs are complex instruments and come with a high risk of losing money rapidly due to leverage.
Between 74-89% of retail investor accounts lose money when trading CFDs.
You should consider whether you can afford to take the high risk of losing your money
Top 9 Forex Brokers in Pakistan: 2022 Review
- XM is regulated worldwide and Pakistani traders can register an account with the global branch regulated by IFSC.
- PKR deposits are facilitated in Pakistan with XM through local bank transfer though you may be charged a conversion fee.
- Customer support in Urdu is also available with XM though not as a language on the platform.
- XM is well known for offering a top Islamic trading account for Pakistan-based traders.
- XM offers trading in more than 55 forex pairs with spreads in Pakistan starting from a great 0 pips.
- Traders in Pakistan are eligible for an XM no deposit bonus of $30 as well as 50% and 20% deposit bonuses.
73.57% of retail CFD accounts lose money
- Pakistani traders can open an OctaFX account through the global branch regulated in Saint Vincent and the Grenadines.
- OctaFX accounts can be opened with a $100 minimum deposit using PKR through local bank transfer in Pakistan with most deposits being free of any fees.
- If you are in Pakistan, you can also avail of a top OctaFX swap-free account offering as well as Urdu language availability.
- Trading can start from 0 pips spread on over 25 forex pairs across all OctaFX platforms.
- OctaFX also offers Pakistani traders an excellent 50% deposit bonus on each deposit.
74-89% of retail CFD accounts lose money
- FBS is regulated by both CySEC and the IFSC of Belize and is well-recognized as a top broker for new traders in Pakistan.
- FBS also has Urdu language facilities available for Pakistan-based traders.
- Minimum deposits for FBS trading accounts in Pakistan start at $1.
- Account funding can be completed through wire transfer, credit cards, or eWallets and the majority of methods are fee-free. PKR deposits are accepted through local bank transfers and exchanges.
- Spreads with FBS can start from 0 pips on over 35 forex pairs available in Pakistan.
- Traders in Pakistan have access to an FBS 100% deposit bonus, rebates, and more.
74-89% of retail CFD accounts lose money
- HotForex is comprehensively regulated by five global bodies and further recognized as one of the top brokers in the Pakistan region with Urdu language support available.
- The minimum deposit to open a HotForex account in Pakistan starts from $5.
- You can fund your HF account through wire transfer, credit cards, or eWallets and again the majority are fee-free with PKR deposits available through local exchangers in Pakistan.
- Trading with HotForex you will have access to more than 45 forex pairs with 0 pips spread as a starting point.
- HotForex Islamic accounts are also available on request for Pakistani traders.
- There are also cash rebates, trading contests, and up to a 100% credit bonus available to HotForex traders in Pakistan.
(71.61% of retail CFD accounts lose money)
5. CMC Markets
- CMC Markets is globally regulated by some of the most respected bodies and is able to accept traders from Pakistan as well.
- CMC Markets does not impose any minimum deposit to open a trading account in Pakistan.
- Funding your CMC account can be made through wire transfer, or credit/debit cards free of charge in most instances. PKR deposits in Pakistan can be made through local bank transfers.
- CMC Markets offers a huge trading catalogue of more than 9,500 assets including 26 forex currency pairs in Pakistan with spreads from 0.3 pips.
- Pakistan-based traders can access a CMC Markets Islamic account where needed.
- A rebate program with refunds of up to $10 per lot traded is available with CMC Markets for Pakistani traders.
Visit CMC Markets
80% of retail CFD accounts lose money
- AvaTrade is comprehensively regulated globally by several bodies accepting Pakistani traders under regulation in the British Virgin Islands.
- The AvaTrade minimum deposit to open an account in Pakistan is $100.
- You can fund your AvaTrade account through wire transfers, credit cards, and eWallet methods with most being fee-free although PKR deposits are not yet supported for Pakistani traders.
- AvaTrade provides an Islamic account available easily on request for traders in Pakistan.
- Trading with AvaTrade you’ll only find fixed spreads beginning at 1.3 pips on over 60 forex pairs available in Pakistan.
(79% of retail CFD accounts lose money)
- FxPro is well-regulated all over the world and accepts traders from Pakistan under SCB regulation, although Urdu language support is not available.
- Although there are no PKR deposit options in Pakistan, you can fund your FxPro account through wire transfer, credit cards, or eWallets for the most part for free with a minimum deposit of $200.
- An FxPro Islamic trading is also available for Pakistan-based traders.
- FxPro opens access to more than 70 forex pairs in Pakistan with spreads starting from 0 pips.
72.87% of retail CFD accounts lose money
- FXTM holds plenty of regulatory oversight worldwide and accepts traders from Pakistan under FSC regulation with Urdu language support available.
- The minimum deposits in Pakistan are $10 and deposits can be made through credit cards or eWallet methods and you will find the majority to be fee free with FXTM. PKR deposits are available through local bank transfers.
- FXTM Islamic trading accounts where requested are available for Pakistani traders.
- Forex trading with FXTM is available on more than 60 forex pairs. Spread here can start from 0 pips
- While there is no direct FXTM bonus available, a loyalty program is in place for Pakistan-based traders.
81% of retail CFD accounts lose money
- Pepperstone is very well regulated by the most respected bodies and is globally available under SCB regulation, accepting traders from Pakistan.
- To open a trading account with Pepperstone you will have a recommended minimum deposit of $200 in Pakistan.
- Deposits with Pepperstone can be made through credit cards and eWallets with most free of any fees. No PKR deposits are catered for in Pakistan.
- Pepperstone offers two swap-free account choices to Pakistani traders, depending on the account type you apply for.
- Trading spreads start from 0 pips with Pepperstone on over 60 currency pairs available in Pakistan.
- A Pepperstone active trader program with rebates is available to Pakistan-based traders.
(75.9% of retail CFD accounts lose money)
Is forex trading legal in Pakistan?
As a forex trader, you will be glad to note that forex trading in Pakistan is legal. Trading in Pakistan is regulated by the SECP (Securities and Exchange Commission of Pakistan).
The only major rule or restriction that forex traders in Pakistan must abide by when trading with a broker is that the currencies they trade should be well regulated within their own countries by some kind of national authority. This means that major currencies such as EUR, USD, CNY, AUD, and others are allowed to be traded without issue.
Commodities trading is also permitted within Pakistan from certain SECP compliant brokers. Cryptocurrency trading however is not legal and therefore not catered for within Pakistan.
How to trade forex in Pakistan
The SECP of Pakistan allows for international forex brokers to offer services in the country. This means that if you are a Pakistan-based forex trader, you can open an account with one of these top forex brokers if they are available in Pakistan and from there you simply have to follow the broker’s own regulation to start trading forex.
The steps here are simple and mean that you just need the relevant documents to complete ID and address verification before funding your account.
Pakistani trader? Here’s what to look for in a forex broker
With Pakistan forex trading, due to the fact that the market is open to all international brokers offering service in the country, you may find a variety of offers and broker conditions on your search.
Here are a few tips that can help you stay safe and choose the best forex broker in Pakistan.
1. Look for trusted brokers in order to avoid fraudulent firms:
Since the SECP does not regulate the forex market in Pakistan, this means you will be choosing an international broker. The most important thing here is recognized regulation.
This means you should try to select a broker regulated by one of the top-tier bodies such as CySEC, the FCA in the UK or ASIC. These are a few of the top names to look out for when it comes to trusted forex regulatory bodies as well as brokers that are ESMA compliant.
2. Choose the best broker for Halal trading
If you are an Islamic trader, you also need to ensure you choose a broker that offers good conditions for Halal Trading. Swap-free accounts do not charge any overnight fees and so are generally considered to be OK for Islamic trading.
If you want to know more about islamic accounts you can check out this guide to the best Islamic forex brokers.
3. Choose a broker with low fees
Due to the fact that none of the brokers offer PKR as a base currency, you will inevitably have to pay conversion charges on deposits and withdrawals. In that case then, you will need a broker that keeps these fees as low as possible to minimize your own costs.
How to verify if a forex broker is regulated in Pakistan
Since the SECP does not directly regulate the forex market in Pakistan, you will be dealing with some of the top international forex brokers regulated around the world.
These regulations and your specific broker status can be checked through the following links depending on who the regulator is.
When checking the ESMA regulatory status, you will need to know the European country of registration for your broker, but nevertheless, all European registered brokers with CySEC are typically compliant with ESMA regulations.
Is forex trading taxable in Pakistan?
Forex trading is taxable in Pakistan.
The Capital Gains Tax that you will have to pay depends on how long the position has been open and the following rates apply:
- 0-1 year: 10%
- 2 years: 7.5%
- 3 years or more: 5%
In comparison with some other countries, this Capital gains tax of Pakistan is in fact quite reasonable.
[Disclaimer: we are not accountants, we have done internet research. If you don’t know how to handle this matter, we strongly suggest you contacting Pakistani authorities before proceeding]
About The Author