At InvestinGoal, we adhere to strict standards to ensure an unbiased review process. We conduct our reviews by examining each broker’s offering and performance across 4 key categories. A final rating is produced for each forex broker based on a total of 187 data points. Learn more about our review process and methodology.
In this article we have compiled our top10 CFD brokers in Australia.
To compile it, we have kept the following key points in mind:
- availability of CFDs
- costs and commissions
- applicable leverage
- trading platforms
- general quality of service
Table of Content
- IC Markets: best for algo traders
- Pepperstone: best for day trading
- FP Markets: best for overall trading experience
- AvaTrade: best for fixed spreads
- Axi: best for fast execution of the orders
- IG Markets: best for asset range
- eToro: best for social trading
- GO Markets: best for VPS service
- easyMarkets: best for commodities
- Capital.com: best for beginners
CFDs are complex instruments and come with a high risk of losing money rapidly due to leverage.
Between 74-89% of retail investor accounts lose money when trading CFDs.
You should consider whether you can afford to take the high risk of losing your money
Top 10 CFD Brokers in Australia: 2022 Review
1. IC Markets
- IC Markets is an Australian broker offering over 2,000 CFDs which include forex, indices, commodities, stocks, bonds, crypto, and futures.
- You can find a spread from 0.0 pips with IC Markets, thanks to ECN execution.
- Trading CFDs you can use leverage of 30:1 or 500:1 if you are a professional trader with IC Markets.
- IC Markets allows CFDs trading through MT4 MT5, and cTrader.
Visit IC Markets
(74-89% of retail CFD accounts lose money)
- Pepperstone is a top Australian forex broker with more than 1,000 CFDs to trade among forex, indices, commodities, cryptocurrencies, shares, and currency indices.
- CFDs traders with Pepperstone can benefit from some of the best ECN and/or STP access with tight spreads from 0.0 pips.
- Pepperstone also offers an active trader program to further reduce trading costs on CFDs.
- Leverage is up to 30:1 for CFDs retail in Australia while professional traders with Pepperstone have a 500:1 leverage.
- CFDs trading with Pepperstone is facilitated through MT4, MT5, and cTrader.
(75.9% of retail CFD accounts lose money)
3. FP Markets
- FP Markets is an Australian broker providing access to over 10,000 CFD assets in a range of markets: forex, shares, indices, commodities, bonds, and metals.
- A CFD stock broking service is provided through the IRESS platform with FP Markets.
- FP Markets also has fantastic ECN access as well, striving to provide traders with DMA access with low spreads starting 0.0 pips.
- CFDs trading can avail of a leverage up to 30:1 or 500:1 if you qualify as a Wholesale Investors or Sophisticated Clients with FP Markets.
- FP Markets offers MT4, MT5, and IRESS trading platforms.
Visit FP Markets
74-89% of retail CFD accounts lose money
- AvaTrade is able to provide its services in Australia with over 1,250 CFD assets including forex, stocks, commodities, cryptocurrencies, indices, ETFs, and bonds.
- CFDs trading with AvaTrade come with fixed spreads
- Leverage on CFDs is limited to 30:1 in Australia even though professional traders with AvaTrade can boast 400:1 leverage and further reduced spreads.
- Trading with AvaTrade is facilitated by MT4, MT5, and a number of proprietary platforms such as AvaTradeGO, AvaOptions, and AvaSocial.
(79% of retail CFD accounts lose money)
- Axi is a forex broker founded in Australia which provides more than 130 products to trade as CFDs.
- Axi has a high-quality ECN access able to provide a spread from 0.0 pips on CFDs.
- The maximum leverage available is 400:1 available to Professional clients only while retail clients with Axi have limited leverage up to 30:1.
- You can trade CFDs on Axi with MT4 and exclusive tools.
69.6% of retail CFD accounts lose money
6. IG Markets
- IG Markets is able to operate in Australia as well with more than 17,000 CFDs available to trade on forex, indices, shares, commodities, cryptocurrencies, options, digital 100s, ETFs, bonds and interest rates.
- Trade spreads with IG Markets start from 0.6 pips on major CFDs forex pairs.
- Leverage on CFDs is limited to 30:1 for retail clients but if you qualify as a professional service with IG Markets then the leverage is up to 222:1.
- There are many trading platforms that IG Markets provides to trade CFDs including MT4, and proprietary solutions such as ProRealTime, L2 Dealer, WebTrader, and mobile App.
Visit IG Markets
(76% of retail investor accounts lose money)
- eToro is an international forex broker providing CFD services in Australia as well with over 3,000 tradable assets among forex, commodity, stocks, ETFs, indices and crypto markets.
- Spreads at eToro start from 1 pip on major currency CFD forex pairs.
- Retail clients with eToro have a limited leverage up to 30:1 while professional clients can trade CFDs with a higher leverage up to 400:1.
- eToro only offers its proprietary trading platform for CFDs which is currently known for its excellent social trading features.
(78% of retail investor accounts lose money when trading CFDs with this provider. You should consider whether you can afford to take the high risk of losing your money)
8. GO Markets
- GO Markets provides access to more than 600 CFDs across a number of asset classes including forex, shares, indices, metals, commodities, and cryptocurrencies.
- GO Markets offers low spreads on CFDs starting from 0.0 pips.
- Leverage is capped at 30:1 on CFDs for retail clients while it can go up to 500:1 if you qualify as a professional trader with Go Markets.
- CFDs trading is provided by GO Markets on MT4, MT5 and the proprietary GO WebTrader.
Visit GO Markets
62% of retail CFD accounts lose money
- easyMarkets is a European forex broker providing over 200 CFDs to Australian traders throughout forex, metals, commodities, indices, cryptocurrencies and shares markets.
- easyMarkets also offers unique features to trade CFDs such as dealCancellation and Freeze Rate.
- Trading CFDs comes with spreads and easyMarkets allows you to choose either fixed or floating spreads from 0.6 pips.
- Leverage on CFDs is capped to 30:1 due to Australian regulators but if you qualify as a professional trader you can avail of a 500:1 leverage.
- To trade CFDs, easyMarkets provides access to MT4, MT5 along its proprietary platforms.
75% of retail CFD accounts lose money
- Capital.com is regulated in Australia to offer CFD trading on over 6,000 assets in different markets including shares, indices, cryptocurrencies, commodities, and forex.
- Trading CFDs with Capital.com comes with a floating spread starting 0.6 pips.
- Leverage on CFDs is capped at 30:1 for Capital.com retail clients while professional traders can avail of a leverage up to 500:1.
- Capital.com provides CFDs trading via MT4, and the proprietary WebTrader.
(83.45% of retail CFD accounts lose money)
About The Author