At InvestinGoal, we adhere to strict standards to ensure an unbiased review process. We conduct our reviews by examining each broker’s offering and performance across 4 key categories. A final rating is produced for each forex broker based on a total of 187 data points. Learn more about our review process and methodology.
Below are listed some of the best brokers offering micro accounts or micro lots trading. Here’s what was taken into consideration when creating this list:
- If the broker offered micro accounts or micro lots trading
- The assets provided on the micro account or where micro lots trading was available
- The spreads charged on the micro account or where micro lots trading was available
- The leverage on the micro account or where micro lots trading was available
- The minimum deposit requested to open a micro account
Table of contents
- XM: best broker with no requotes
- Oanda: best forex liquidity
- FxOpen: best execution
- FBS: best broker with high leverage
- FXTM: best Micro account overall
- HotForex: best trading tools
- OctaFX: best educational materials
- Pepperstone: best for lowest spreads
- FP Markets: best trading costs overall
- eToro: best for social trading
CFDs are complex instruments and come with a high risk of losing money rapidly due to leverage.
Between 74-89% of retail investor accounts lose money when trading CFDs.
You should consider whether you can afford to take the high risk of losing your money
Top 10 Best Micro Forex Brokers: 2022 Review
- Within the XM micro account, clients can trade as small as 0.01 lots on MT4 and on MT5.
- A minimum deposit of just $5 is needed to get started with an XM Micro Account.
- The spreads charged on Micro accounts are from 1 pips on forex
- XM assets available with the Micro account are 1150+ including forex, stocks, indices and commodities.
- The XM leverage which can be found is up to 30:1 for EU and ASIC clients, while is up to 888:1 under the global XM entity.
- Oanda gives opportunities to engage in micro forex trading.
- In fact, clients can trade as little as one unit of currency with Oanda. This is the lowest value trading possible anywhere.
- Oanda Standard account offers a huge range of forex trading choices with more than 70 forex pairs, as well as CFD indices, commodities, metals, and bonds.
- Spreads on Oanda forex start from 0.6 pips with maximum leverage up to 100:1 (depending on the Oanda entity you trade with).
- Oanda does not require a minimum deposit.
- Within the FxOpen micro trading account, traders can look forward to trading as low as 0.01 micro lots.
- With the FxOpen Micro account, you can trade 600+ assets, including forex, through the MT4 or MT5 platforms.
- Minimum spreads are from 0 pips on forex with different maximum leverage up to 30:1 for both ASIC and FCA clients. Professional clients can access leverage up to 1:500.
- FxOpen requires a $1 minimum deposit to open a Micro account.
- FBS provides a Micro Account under IFSC regulation.
- The assets provided by FBS via the Micro account include forex, metals and energies.
- Clients who use a Micro account with FBS find fixed spreads from 3 pips on forex.
- The maximum leverage of the Micro account is up to 3000:1.
- FBS has a minimum deposit of $5 for those who want to open a Micro account.
- FXTM offers a Micro account for its clients with a minimum volume in lots per trade 0.01.
- Within the EU, note that FXTM only accepts professional clients.
- Spreads with an FXTM Micro Account start from 1.5 pips on forex.
- Forex and metals are the only assets trabadle with a FXTM Micro account.
- The FXTM micro account leverage goes up to 2000:1, however EU and UK clients will be given lower leverages.
- The FXTM Micro account comes with a $10 minimum deposit.
- Micro lot trading can be done with the Micro account under the HotForex global entity.
- 140+ assets can be traded with the HF Micro Account, including forex, commodities, stocks, bonds and indices.
- HF spreads start from 1 pips on 55+ forex pairs with a maximum leverage up to 1000:1.
- Within HF, you can look forward to a minimum deposit of $5 to open a Micro account.
- OctaFX allows micro lot trading via MT4 and MT5 accounts with minimum size 0.01 lots. For EU clients only MT5 accounts are available.
- The assets provided by OctaFX on both accounts are forex pairs, commodities, indices, and, depending on your location, cryptos.
- The OctaFX spreads start from 0.6 pips on 35+ forex pairs.
- The leverage available here is up to 500:1 under the SV regulation and up to 30:1 for EU clients.
- The minimum deposit needed to open an MT4 or MT5 account with OctaFX is $100.
- Pepperstone offers micro lots trading (0.01 lots) on both its account types, standard and razor.
- The number of Pepperstone assets tradable are 200+ and includes forex, indices, commodities, crypto, stocks, and currency indices.
- Clients will find Pepperstone spreads from 0 pips on the Razor and from 0.4 pips on the Standard
- Leverage depends on the entity you’re trading under. This will be up to 30:1 for EU, DFSA, FCA and ASIC; up to 500:1 for CMA clients and up to 200:1 for SCB clients. Professional clients find a maximum leverage up to 500.1.
- No minimum deposit is required to open an account with Pepperstone.
9. FP Markets
- FP Markets offers micro lots trading (0.01 lots) on their Standard and Raw accounts.
- Several assets are made available for micro lot trading by FP, including 60+ forex pairs, indices, and commodities.
- The spreads charged by FP on forex go from 0 pips on the Raw account and from 1 pips on the Standard account.
- The leverage provided depends on the FP Markets entity you’re trading under. This will be up to 30:1 under EU, FCA and ASIC and up to 500:1 as non-EU traders.
- The FP Markets minimum deposit is $100 for both accounts.
- eToro allows micro lots trading via their Standard account since the minimum lot size permitted by eToro when trading with CFDs is 1 micro lot.
- The eToro Standard account offers 1000+ assets.
- eToro charges spreads from 1 pips on forex with a maximum leverage up to 30:1 (retail) and 400:1 (professional) under CySEC, FCA, and ASIC regulation.
- The eToro minimum deposit is $50 to open a Standard account, depending on your location.
About the Author