At InvestinGoal, we adhere to strict standards to ensure an unbiased review process. We conduct our reviews by examining each broker’s offering and performance across 4 key categories. A final rating is produced for each forex broker based on a total of 187 data points. Learn more about our review process and methodology.
In this article, we have grouped together some of the best forex brokers that offer the ability to trade nano lots.
To compile the ranking, we took into consideration the following factors:
- The overall quality of the broker
- The availability of nano lots
- The trading commissions
- The trading platforms offered
Table of Content
- FBS: most flexible nano lot broker
- XM: best for low commission nano lots trading
- Oanda: best forex broker with nano lots overall
- RoboForex: best for algo trading with nano lots
- FxOpen: best for nano lot copy trading
CFDs are complex instruments and come with a high risk of losing money rapidly due to leverage.
Between 74-89% of retail investor accounts lose money when trading CFDs.
You should consider whether you can afford to take the high risk of losing your money
- FBS offers a cent account with which nano lot positions can be opened.
- The minimum deposit for trading nano lots on FBS is $10 for European clients and $1 for non-EU clients
- The spread on the FBS cent account starts at 1 pip, and a demo account is available for traders who want to try it out.
74-89% of retail CFD accounts lose money
- XM offers the ability to trade forex with nano lots on its micro account.
- XM’s micro account allows you to open positions as low as 0.1 nano lots.
- On XM’s micro account you can trade forex on MT4 or MT5.
- The XM micro account requires a minimum deposit of $5, and you can request a demo account to try it out.
73.57% of retail CFD accounts lose money
- Oanda allows positions to be opened as low as $0.01, which corresponds to 0.01 nano lots.
- No minimum deposit is required to open an account with Oanda.
- The demo account offered by Oanda is unlimited.
- Oanda has spreads as low as 1 pip on forex.
73.5% of retail CFD accounts lose money
- RoboForex offers a cent account that allows you to trade with nano lots.
- You can open it with a minimum deposit of $10.
- RoboForex’s cent account allows you to trade 36 currency pairs, metals, and cryptocurrencies.
- Spreads to trade nano lots on RoboForex start at 1.3 pips.
- RoboForex’s nano account can be opened on MT4, MT5, or the broker’s rTrader platform.
(74-89% of retail CFD accounts lose money)
- With FxOpen it is possible to trade forex pairs from 1 nano lot.
- With FxOpen’s nano account you can use MT4 or MT5.
- The minimum deposit required to open a nano account with FxOpen is $1.
- For traders who wish to try out FxOpen, a demo account is available.
74-89% of retail CFD accounts lose money
What is a nano lot in forex trading?
Nano trading is still very much forex trading, just with a trading size that is a fraction of that of standard trading. In fact, a nano trading lot is equal to 1/1000 of a standard lot. So, where a standard lot (non-leveraged) requires $100,000 to trade, for forex brokers with nano lot size, you will need just $100.
This amount can go even lower on some occasions depending on the broker. Some will make forex nano trading available for as little as $10. With that taken into account then, it is easy to understand how some in forex trading can be confused about exactly what nano trading is. We can safely say though that if the size is at least 1/1000 of a standard lot, it can be considered nano trading.
Micro trading on the other hand is 1/100 or 0.01 of a standard lot. Both types of forex trading are perfectly ideal for those starting out in the industry who wish to closely manage their trading risks.
Pros and cons of nano lot trading
As with all forms of trading and everything in life, there are both pros and cons to nano lot trading. Here we have compiled a few of the most common:
- The risks involved are kept very low thanks to the low trading volumes and deposits that are facilitated.
- Many of the micro and nano lot trading forex brokers also facilitate a no or low minimum deposit and often apply no deposit fees to your funds at all.
- Nano lot trading can be the ideal place for new traders to start out with the minimal amount of risk, but still opportunity to profit from forex trading.
- Along with the low risks, some traders amy feel that the rewards from nano trading can be similarly low.
- The asset availability from some brokers may be more limited when you are trading nano lots.
Mini lot, micro lot, nano lot: what’s the difference?
The lot sizes available are usually as follows:
Standard Lots – There are the most widely available and base type of lot usually traded with forex brokers. These standard lots are equal to $100,000 (100,000 units of base currency).
Mini Lots – The value of these is 1/10 that of a standard lot or $10,000 (10,000 units of base currency).
Micro Lots – The value of these is 1/100 of a standard lot or $1000 (1000 units of base currency).
Nano Lots – The value of these is 1/1000 of a standard lot or less. $100 or less (100 units of base currency or less).
Cent accounts, although they often include the trading of micro and nano lots, are a slightly different account type. These are also available within the offering of some forex brokers.
About The Author