The Forex.com minimum deposit is $100 for any type of account.
Depending on the account base currency the amount to deposit might slightly vary.
Forex.com supports you making available different payment methods to fund your account.
Learn every detail with this guide.
Table of Content
|FEATURES||FOREX.COM MINIMUM DEPOSIT|
|Forex.com standard account||$100|
|Forex.com MT5 account||$100|
|Forex.com corporate account||$100|
|Forex.com STP Pro account||$100|
|Base Currencies||EUR, GBP, USD|
Now that you know the minimum amount for each account you can find out what Forex.com account type is best suited for you.
Visit Forex.com (80% of retail CFD accounts lose money).
Forex.com account base currency
The base currency for brokers is the currency that you will be trading with. Most brokers accept major currencies like USD, GBP and the EUR and it makes sense to choose a base currency that matches the currency on the bank account or funding method you are using. This will mean you avoid any currency conversion fees.
When it comes to base currencies supported by Forex.com you have three options. They are the:
If you deposit a currency that is not one of these three then you will have to pay a conversion fee.
Forex.com supports you to make your deposit in a number of global currencies depending on your location. These include the:
They do differ slightly though from the supported base currencies which you should note.
Forex.com funding methods (+ withdrawals)
As mentioned, before you can start trading on Forex.com, you first need to fund your account. Again this process with the best forex brokers including Forex.com is typically quite fast and easy to get started with.
First let’s take a closer look at some of the funding methods offered by Forex.com.
You will be able to fund your Forex.com live account through all of the most popular and trusted methods you would expect to find with any broker in the industry. This includes:
- making a bank wire transfer
- making a deposit with any major credit or debit card, all of which are accepted
- there are also some more region-specific funding options that you can take advantage of. These include in the US where you can deposit either an eCheck, personal or business check.
When it comes to deposit processing times you may find that bank transfers or deposits by check tend to take a little longer than a credit or debit card deposit which can often be completed almost instantly to have your funds available for trading.
Forex.com funding fees
Forex.com won’t charge any fees for depositing money into your trading account.
However, your bank may charge fees from their side, particularly on wire transfers. This is something you will need to verify with them first.
Forex.com allows you to withdraw their funds at no cost, as well as allowing you to withdraw money from their account whenever you want.
It should be noted that you can only withdraw funds from your own account. You cannot have someone else withdraw funds on your behalf or withdraw to an account in a name other than your own.
How to deposit money in Forex.com: steps to follow
Making your first deposit with Forex.com is really not a difficult process. There are just a few simple steps to follow that will help you get started in the best way for you.
- If you are a new trader the best thing you could do would be to apply for a Forex.com demo account (80% of retail CFD accounts lose money) in order to get a feel for both the broker and forex trading in general. This is a great first step as a new trader with Forex.com or any other top forex broker you may choose.
- Once you have opened the demo account and explored all its features that we have discussed in our Forex.com demo account review, and you feel experienced enough, you can apply for a live account in order to start trading with real money.
- Once you have decided to open a new live trading account, you will need to verify a couple of details. This includes your identity, and residence. The process is typically fast and hassle-free and one that you can quickly complete by having your passport and a recent utility bill or bank statement to hand. These will help you upload and complete the Forex.com verification process quickly.
- As soon as your account has been verified you can go ahead and make your first deposit while respecting the minimum deposit requirements that are in place. Once this deposit has been processed, you are ready to start live trading.
Forex.com minimum deposit vs other brokers
CFDs are complex instruments and come with a high risk of losing money rapidly due to leverage.
Between 74-89% of retail investor accounts lose money when trading CFDs.
You should consider whether you can afford to take the high risk of losing your money
|Number of deposit methods||8||6||6|
|Base Currencies||EUR, GBP, USD||USD||EUR, GBP, USD|
*Depends on the IG Markets entity you subscribe with.
Forex.com deposit bonus
A Forex.com deposit bonus is available. This however is only available under the CIMA regulated entity of the broker. This means traders in the EU, UK, US, and China are all not allowed to participate in the bonus offering.
The minimum you will need to deposit to have access is $1,250 while you must also satisfy some other criteria in terms of your trading amount and qualifying trades to get a bonus.
The amount of the bonus is 20% of your total deposits within 14-days of your first deposit so it does have the potential to be a sizable bonus up to a maximum of $5,000.
You should of course ensure that you read all the terms and conditions of the bonus in full prior to signing up, and if you want more information and a full overview on this topic, you can take a look here at our forex brokers bonus promotions top ten for all the best brokers and offers around.
About The Author