Trading 212 Minimum Deposit: Key Information & Guide (2023)
Trading 212 minimum deposit is $1 to open an Invest account and $10 to open a CFD account. UK clients also have access with a minimum deposit as low as $1 to an ISA account.
Some fees may get charged to you on certain payment methods and if you exceed a set amount.
|Features||Trading 212 Minimum Deposit|
|ISA Account||$1 (UK clients)|
|Base Currencies||EUR, GBP and supported local currency|
Visit Trading 212 (83% of retail CFD accounts lose money)
The Trading212 account types guide has been written for you to find all you have to know about the broker’s account offering.
Trading 212 accepted deposit currencies
Base currencies are very important in forex trading.
Trading 212 supports as their base currencies:
If your local currency is different, you will be charged a conversion fee for converting from that currency to any of the base currencies supported by Trading 212.
Trading 212 Funding Methods (+ Withdrawals)
Trading 212 accepts a good number for deposit and withdrawal methods.
- Wire transfer is one of the most widely accepted payment methods in the world. Trading 212 supports wire transfer payments, either for deposit or withdrawal. The processing time for wire transfers is around 7 business days.
- Trading 212 also accepts major credit and debit card payments. Whether you have a MasterCard or Visa Card, this online broker has got you covered.
- Trading 212 also supports PayPal. However, you will also need to check to confirm whether these payment processors are accepted in your region before making your deposit.
- Other payment methods based on your country of residence include Dotpay, Giropay, Carte Bleue, Direct eBanking, Sofort, Blik, Apple/Google Pay, and iDEAL. The deposit time on these methods can be as short as around 10 minutes. For your first deposit though, the processing time may be a little longer. It can take up to 3 business days for your first deposit to be processed.
- Skrill originally was available for deposits, but now can be used only for withdrawals.
Trading 212 Deposit Fees
Trading 212 doesn’t charge any fee to fund your trading account. However, there are two exceptions. The first being that if you are funding your account via Wire Transfer, your bank may charge a commission or fee for processing the transfer.
Secondly, if your local currency doesn’t match the base currency supported by Trading 212, the deposit may be charged a 0.5% (CFD Account) or 0.15% (Invest Account) currency conversion fee by the broker. You should always try to match your deposit and withdrawal currency to your base currency to avoid this.
Once you have reached the deposit amount of £2,000, a fee of 0,7% will be applied on Credit/Debit Card, Google Pay, Apple Pay, iDeal, DotPay, GiroPay, Blik and Sofort deposits. This only applies to the Invest Account with the broker.
Trading 212 Withdrawals
Withdrawing your earnings is simple and straightforward with Trading 212. To withdraw your profits, submit a withdrawal request stating the amount you wish to withdraw. Withdrawals on the Trading 212 platform takes an average of 2 business days.
Furthermore, Trading 212 doesn’t support third-party withdrawal. This means your friends or family cannot withdraw on your behalf. The names on the receiving account must match with the names on the Trading 212 trading platform before your transaction can be processed.
How to deposit funds into your Trading 212 account: Steps to follow
Here, you will learn the steps to follow in order to fund your trading account. While Trading 212 does operate different trading accounts, the funding method is virtually the same.
- A great place to start when getting off the ground with Trading 212 or any forex broker is a demo account. This can help you get to know both the industry and the broker. It is also free of charge and with no-risk to you at all since all trading is done with virtual funds. In order to open it, visit the Trading 212 website (83% of retail CFD accounts lose money).
- Once you have practiced forex trading with a demo account, you can then switch to a live account to start trading with real money. However, before you can proceed to make your first deposit, keep in mind the minimum deposit required for the account type you selected.
- When opening a live trading account for the first time you will also need to provide some basic documents like a proof of ID and address to verify your account. This can be done very quickly through the Trading 212 online verification process. Once verified you can then make your first deposit.
- Once your deposit has been processed you can then start trading forex, shares and all the other assets offered by Trading 212.
Trading 212 Minimum Deposit vs Other Brokers
Trading 212 is one of the best regulated brokers in the UK, but is it really one of the best brokers in the world according to our methodology? Here’s a comparison:
|PayPal||Yes||Yes||Yes (only EU)|
|Number of deposit methods||10+||10||7|
|Account currencies||EUR, GBP||USD||USD, EUR, GBP, CHF, PLN, AUD, JPY, ZAR|
Trading 212 Minimum Deposit Pros and Cons
- Trading 212 is well regulated by many respected bodies including the FCA.
- They have a solid range of deposit methods available including bank wire transfers, credit or debit cards, and eWallet methods.
- A very low minimum deposit keeps the broker accessible to all traders.
- Instant deposit is available through some funding methods with no additional charges.
- Only the EUR and GBP are accepted as base currencies.
- Some deposit methods charge an additional fee.
About The Author