DEGIRO does not require a minimum deposit to open an account. Traders wishing to open a real money account with DEGIRO can therefore deposit as low as €0.01.
You are free to choose the amount of your first deposit with the many payment options available to you.
DEGIRO provides several base currencies to avoid paying extra fees as well.
We’ll go over every detail in this guide.
|DEGIRO MINIMUM DEPOSIT
|DEGIRO basic account
|CHF, DKK, GBP, NOK, SEK, EUR, CZK, PLN, HUF
Visit DEGIRO ((Investing involves risk of loss))
Opening a DEGIRO Account is an easy process. You can follow our guide to DEGIRO account types to learn how the broker’s offering is structured.
DEGIRO accepted deposit currencies
DEGIRO only accepts payments from the European countries where it operates. The broker offers several base currencies:
DEGIRO also offers the possibility to hold a balance in any currency you want by using a feature called Manual currency handling, but you cannot withdraw foreign currencies.
Keep in mind that most of the fees DEGIRO charges are charged in your account’s base currency. That means if your account is denominated in EUR, and you buy shares from the London Stock Exchange, you’ll pay transaction fees in EUR.
DEGIRO funding methods (+ withdrawals)
DEGIRO supports manual deposit using bank wire transfers that are always advertised with a disclaimer of taking 2-3 business days, but it’s often much faster in reality.
Don’t forget that you must make your deposits and withdrawals from your nominated account.
DEGIRO deposit fees
There are no fees charged by DEGIRO when funding your trading account via bank transfer.
Remember that your bank may apply a fee, especially for international transfers and foreign exchange transactions.
Withdrawing funds from your DEGIRO account can be initiated from the web trader. Before a withdrawal is approved, you should expect to confirm your account details for security reasons.
You may only withdraw the same currency that is held in your account.
As is the case with deposits, withdrawals may only be transferred to your nominated bank account. These transfers take between two and four business days.
How to deposit funds into your DEGIRO account: steps to follow
There are a few steps to consider before you make a deposit and start trading with DEGIRO.
- You should know this broker does not have a demo account to practice with. This won’t be a problem for experienced traders, and with no minimum deposit conditions, you can open a live account and start trading without burdensome obligations.
- DEGIRO offers five different account types to choose from. Once you select your DEGIRO account, you will need to verify your identity by uploading a few documents.
- Once you have done so, you’ll be ready to make your first deposit according to the DEGIRO minimum deposit, which, as mentioned earlier, is almost non-existent.
DEGIRO deposit bonus
DEGIRO does not offer deposit bonuses when you register.
Because DEGIRO is a European broker, it must follow ESMA rules which prohibit offering incentives to retail clients.
If getting a bonus on your deposit is essential to you, we’ve prepared a practical guide to discovering the best brokers with bonuses and promotions.
DEGIRO minimum deposit pros and cons
- No minimum deposit, just one cent is required to open an account .
- No deposit fees when using bank transfers and very low fees for using alternative payment methods.
- Several base currencies to suit traders from across the EU.
- Not possible to fund an account with a credit or debit card.
About The Author