XM minimum deposit changes depending on which account you choose:
- Standard: $5
- Micro: $5
- Zero: $5
- Ultra Low: $5
- Shares: $10000
As you can see, XM offers several choices for traders. This includes also the payment methods and base currencies accepted.
In this article you will find everything you need to know about XM minimum deposit.
|Features||XM Minimum Deposit|
|XM Standard Account||$5|
|XM Micro Account||$5|
|XM Zero Account||$5|
|XM Ultra Low Account||$5|
|XM Shares Account||$10.000|
|XM Islamic Account||Variable|
|Base Currencies||USD, EUR, GBP, JPY, CHF, AUD, HUF, PLN, RUB, SGD, ZAR|
77,37% of retail CFD accounts lose money
Not all of these accounts are not available in all countries. To find out which ones you can open in your country, please give a look at the XM account type guide.
XM Account Base Currency
As with most top brokers, XM accounts are available with many several base currencies. The XM base currency is the one that you trade with and effectively depends upon which account and regulatory type you fall under.
- If you have an XM Standard or Micro account, you can look forward to choosing every major currency as your XM base currency. Also included are PLN and HUF as other options as well as ZAR and SGD.
- Russian RUB is available only if you are located outside of the CySEC regulatory area.
- If you are an XM Zero account holder, you can access USD or EUR as base currencies with JPY available under global market regulation.
- XM Ultra-Low account holders can select between six base currencies. These are EUR, USD, GBP under CySEC AUD, ZAR and SGD in other areas.
- If you are an XM Shares Account holder, USD only is available for trading with.
XM Funding and Deposit Methods
Again there is a range of XM deposit methods available to traders. These will depend on the country in which you live and not the regulatory jurisdiction you fall under.
Wondering for example if you can make a minimum deposit in ZAR?
The answer is yes, you can deposit in any currency, this includes ZAR. These funds will then simply be converted into your base currency for trading on your account.
XM deposit by wire transfer is, of course, available and widely used. This funding method is available to traders worldwide and there is a minimum deposit of $5 in place here.
With that said, you will incur a fee if the wire transfer you make falls below $200. If the deposit is above this amount, then not only will XM waive any fees they charge, they will also cover any fee you would usually incur from your own bank side. Therefore, although it is not explicitly required, it is in your best interest to deposit more than $200.
Credit card deposits are available through both Visa and Mastercard at XM. These are accessible to traders around the world with a minimum deposit amount of just $5.
There are no fees from the broker side, but again if your financial provider does levy a fee, this will be covered for anything over a $200 deposit by XM.
Again, the minimum XM deposit through an eWallet is only $5. This can be made through Neteller, Skrill, Perfect Money, or a host of others dependent upon your country. At this time XM PayPal deposits are not available.
Other XM deposit options
Other XM deposit options available include both Western Union and MoneyGram although these will depend on your location and fees may be applied for these services although not from the broker side.
Various local methods and local bank transfer deposits may also be open to you depending on your area. These minimum deposits will vary.
How to deposit funds into your XM account: Steps to follow
Here, you will learn how to fund your trading account.
- A great place to start if you are a beginner, is to opt for a demo account. This can help you get to know both the industry and the broker, all with no risks. Visit the XM website if you wish to open a demo account.
- Otherwise you can start right away with a live account to start trading. Since money is real, you have to make your first deposit, keep in mind the minimum deposit required for the account type you have chosen.
- When opening a live trading account with XM you will be asked to upload a couple of basic documents like a proof of ID and address to verify your account. This can be done very quickly online. After that wait for the broker to accept and process your deposit.
- Once your deposit has been processed you can start your XM account and trade.
XM Minimum Deposit Comparison with other Major Brokers(74-89% of retail CFD accounts lose money)
|Number of deposit methods||6||10||9|
|Account currencies||USD, EUR, GBP, JPY, CHF, AUD, HUF, PLN, RUB, SGD, ZAR||USD, AUD, EUR, GBP, SGD, NZD, JPY, CHF, HKD, CAD||EUR, USD, JPY|
XM bonus amounts and XM deposit bonuses are available though not to those regulated under CySEC/ESMA. Also, although you can receive bonuses under certain circumstances with XM, the bonus amounts themselves are typically not eligible to withdraw, though any profits derived from them usually are.
If you are outside Europe and are eligible for deposit bonuses then you may also want to check our top forex brokers bonus promotions.
No Deposit Bonus
Unlike many brokers, an XM no deposit bonus is available. This means you can effectively start trading without any real money. While you cannot withdraw the bonus funds, you can withdraw any profits made from them.
This XM bonus amount is in the form of a $30 welcome bonus or the equivalent amount based on your account.
You can also view which broker have the best no deposit bonus in our selection of the best no deposit bonus forex brokers.
XM Bonus Program
An XM bonus program is in place. This program provides for a 50% deposit bonus up to $500 and then a further 20% deposit bonus on amounts up to $4500. This can be redeemed through trading with the broker. The only exception with this is that it is not available with XM Ultra-Low Accounts.
About The Author