XTBVisit XTB79% of retail investor accounts lose money
IG MarketsVisit IG Markets70% of retail CFD accounts lose money
PepperstoneVisit Pepperstone74-89% of retail investor accounts lose money when trading CFDs
AvaTradeVisit AvaTrade79% of retail investor accounts lose money
eToroVisit eToro77% of retail investor accounts lose money
FXTMVisit FXTM81% of retail investor accounts lose money
Forex.comVisit Forex.com73% of retail investor accounts lose money
FXCMVisit FXCM70% of retail investor accounts lose money
Plus500Visit Plus50077% of retail investor accounts lose money
A Forex trading app, or foreign exchange trading application, is a digital platform used for conducting currency trading on mobile devices.
These applications are typically provided by brokerage firms and are accessible via smartphones or tablets. They allow investors to access real-time market data, analyze currency pairs, execute trades, manage their accounts, and use various tools for risk management.
Here we will take an in-depth look at the best forex trading app choices available with each of the brokers to allow you to make the very best choice for your trading career.
We have taken into consideration:
- Every trading app offered by the broker: proprietary or third-party;
- The main features of the apps provided by the brokers;
- If they were available on Android and iOS devices.
What are the best forex trading apps?
Below our curated list of the best mobile forex trading apps, with details of features and characteristics.
How to Choose a Forex Trading App
When selecting a forex trading app, it’s crucial to make informed decisions to ensure a safe and efficient trading experience. Here are some essential factors to consider:
- Choose a Regulated FX Trading App to safeguard your funds and ensure fair trading practices, opt for a forex trading app offered by a regulated brokerage firm. Look for brokers regulated by reputable financial watchdogs such as the Financial Conduct Authority (FCA) or the Commodity Futures Trading Commission (CFTC)/National Futures Association (NFA). Regulatory oversight provides a level of protection and accountability for traders.
- Consider App Layout and Functionality as user-friendly and feature-rich apps are essential for seamless trading. Always prefer an app that offers similar capabilities to its desktop counterpart. Check if you can perform essential tasks such as depositing and withdrawing funds, access quality market analysis tools, adjust account settings, and download necessary documents. A well-designed app enhances the overall trading experience and boosts efficiency.
- Choose a Forex App with Low Fees, especially spreads. Forex spreads usually start from 1 pip. Strive to select brokers that offer competitive fees below this level. Lower trading costs can significantly impact your overall profitability, especially for active traders or those executing high-frequency trades.
Is There an Official App for Forex Trading?
While there is no “official” forex trading app, the forex market itself is not tied to a specific brand or application. However, numerous reputable forex brokers offer official trading apps that facilitate forex trading.
These forex broker apps can be found on both the Apple App Store and Google Play Store. However, it’s crucial to exercise caution and choose a trustworthy app, as not all apps in the market may offer the same level of reliability or favorable pricing.
Popular forex trading apps include eToro, which has gained significant popularity due to its user-friendly interface and social trading features. Additionally, MetaTrader 4 and MetaTrader 5 are widely used third party trading platforms known for their robust charting tools and technical analysis capabilities.
Are There Apps to Practice Forex Trading?
There are apps available for practicing forex trading, and they can be downloaded for free from the iOS App Store, Google Play Store, or directly from forex brokers’ websites.
To get started, you’ll need to open a demo account with a forex broker. These demo accounts are completely free and use virtual money, meaning there is no financial risk while practicing. However, they simulate a live trading environment, allowing you to familiarize yourself with the forex trading platform, test trading strategies, and gain experience without risking real funds.
Most reputable forex brokers offer demo accounts as part of their services, making it easy for aspiring forex traders to practice and build confidence before venturing into live trading.
Auxiliary Apps for Forex Trading
In addition to mobile trading platforms, several auxiliary apps can enhance your forex trading experience:
- investing.com App: This app provides up-to-date forex market news, analysis, and economic events that can influence currency prices. Staying informed about market developments is essential for making informed trading decisions.
- NetDania App: Ideal for monitoring real-time forex rates and charts. This app enables traders to stay on top of currency pairs’ movements and identify potential trading opportunities.
- Bloomberg App: Offers valuable forex market insights, news, and analysis from one of the most reputable financial news sources globally.
Forex Trading Apps Recommendations
When using forex trading apps, keep the following recommendations in mind:
- Avoid Third-Party .APK Files: Never download and install forex trading apps from third-party sources. Instead, access them through official Android and iOS stores or directly from reputable brokers’ websites. This helps ensure security and reduces the risk of downloading malicious software.
- Don’t Rely Solely on Mobile Devices: While mobile apps are convenient, they may lack some features present in the desktop versions. Use mobile devices primarily for quick portfolio checks, monitoring market movements, and making basic trading decisions. For in-depth analysis and complex trading activities, consider using the desktop version or web platform of the trading app.
About The Author