At InvestinGoal, we adhere to strict standards to ensure an unbiased review process. We conduct our reviews by examining each broker’s offering and performance across 4 key categories. A final rating is produced for each forex broker based on a total of 187 data points. Learn more about our review process and methodology.
Here we will take an in-depth look at the best forex trading app choices available with each of the brokers to allow you to make the very best choice for your trading career.
We have taken into consideration:
- Every trading app offered by the broker: proprietary or third-party;
- The main features of the apps provided by the brokers;
- If they were available on Android and iOS devices.
- xStation Mobile: best for educational resources
- IG Trading: best for number of CFD assets
- Pepperstone cTrader App: best for lowest spreads
- AvaTradeGO: best for fixed spreads
- eToro App: best for copy/social trading
- FXTM Trader: best for account types choice
- Forex.com: best for US traders
- thinkorswim: best for stocks trading
- FXCM Trading Station: best for spread betting
- Plus500 App: best for CFD trading
CFDs are complex instruments and come with a high risk of losing money rapidly due to leverage.
Between 74-89% of retail investor accounts lose money when trading CFDs.
You should consider whether you can afford to take the high risk of losing your money
- XTB provides the XStation Mobile.
- The app is available via Android and iOS.
- The app has a very user-friendly design.
- XTB Xstation Mobile gives you access to a demo account with $100,000 virtual funds and 2100+ CFD assets, including 45+ currency pairs.
- XTB Xstation mobile clients can benefit from a great range of charts to technical indicators, from the trader’s calculator to the markets’ sentiment.
- You will get the market news very easily from the team of XTB, as well as full support when you need a little help.
79% of retail CFD accounts lose money
2. IG Markets
- IG Markets offers a proprietary platform and the MT4 platform via mobile. All of them are available on iOS and Android devices.
- With the IG app, you can manage your risk with a great range of tools, including trailing and guaranteed stops or advanced features like ‘good till cancelled’ or ‘good till date’ on 17,000+ CFD assets, including 90+ currency pairs.
- IG App lets clients consult directly from customisable charts, where you will find real-time prices and market data.
- The MT4 platform will be connected to the brokers’ server. By trading with IG MT4 app you will find customisable tools and features as mentioned earlier, as well as a safe place to trade.
Visit IG Markets
(76% of retail investor accounts lose money)
- Pepperstone offers all of its platforms via mobile including MT4, MT5 and cTrader.
- All of them are available for Android and iOS devices.
- With all of these apps, you can open a Pepperstone demo account to start practicing and have access to several assets, including 60+ currency pairs.
- Pepperstone clients who will trade via MT4 and MT5 mobile apps have access to real-time prices combined with a customisable number of tools.
- Pepperstone cTrader app lets you use high-level technical analysis tools, advanced order management settings, and price alerts.
- The cTrader app is also very customisable with the possibility to have access to trade statistics, watchlists, and more.
(75.9% of retail CFD accounts lose money)
- AvaTrade offers the mobile proprietary apps AvaTradeGO and AvaSocial, as well as the MT4 and MT5 mobile platforms All of them are available on Android and iOS devices.
- Within the AvaTradeGO app, you will find a safe place thanks to the possibility to start with a demo account and the AvaProtect feature which protects certain positions from losing money for a small fee.
- AvaTradeGO provides a great number of tools such as advanced dashboard, intuitive management tools, technical analysis, clear charts, and other features.
- AvaSocial is their proprietary copy-social trading app, where clients can engage with other clients, copy and auto-copy trades from other traders.
- AvaTrade MT4 and MT5 platforms can also be used via mobile, with The MetaTrader being connected to the broker’ server. MT4 and MT5 have a user-friendly interface and provide a customisable experience.
(79% of retail CFD accounts lose money)
- eToro offers its mobile proprietary app for both Android and iOS devices.
- You can trade 1000+ instruments via the eToro app, including 45+ currency pairs.
- The app enables copy-trading features because you can select the top traders to copy to manage your funds.
- It also enables social trading features, since traders interact and share their trading strategies on the social news feed.
- Clients who trade via the eToro app can receive real-time notifications on market events.
- The eToro app lets its traders benefit from the Smart Portfolios. Those are diversified and balanced thematic portfolios, managed by eToro experts for optimal performance.
(79% of retail investor accounts lose money when trading CFDs with this provider. You should consider whether you can afford to take the high risk of losing your money)
- FXTM provides the FXTM Trader (proprietary), the MT4 and the MT5 platforms via mobile, all available on Android and iOS devices.
- With these apps, you have access to an unlimited demo and 250+ assets, including 40+ forex currency pairs.
- The FXTM Trader’s App allows clients to trade on the go and you can open, close, and modify positions in seconds.
- The FXTM mobile platform will show you track of your trades with details of your balance, margin, and profit.
- FXTM MT4 and MT5 can also be used via mobile by clients: MT4 and MT5 apps will be linked to the FXTM’ server so that clients can trade via the broker’s account. MetaTrader offers 30 popular indicators, 24 analytical tools, 9 timeframes and 3 chart types.
81% of retail CFD accounts lose money
- Forex.com offers a proprietary platform and the MT5 via mobile, both available on iOS and Android services.
- Forex.com clients who will use one of the two mobile apps can trade via a demo account with $50,000 virtual funds and choose among 80+ currency pairs.
- The Forex.com app provides Advanced TradingView charting and analysis tools, real-time trade of the assets, and order alerts, all supported by great performance analysis.
- With the Forex.com app you can track your open positions, review your trade history and get the latest market news.
- Forex.com MT5 mobile, instead, will be linked to the Forex.com server so that clients can trade via the broker’s account. The MT5 platform is very user-friendly and customisable.
73% of retail CFD accounts lose money
8. TD Ameritrade
- TD Ameritrade offers two mobile apps, both of them available for Android and iOS devices.
- The first one is TD Ameritrade Mobile App.
- With TD Ameritrade app mobile you will find charts integrated with indicators, set price alerts, watchlists, and real-time quotes. You also will have access to market news, social media feeds, and third-party analyst reports.
- The second one is thinkorswim mobile. Again, you can opt for a demo account with $100,000 virtual funds.
- Thinkorswim mobile allows you to create customizable charts with hundreds of technical indicators and drawings, all combined with the help of a trade specialist where you can share your screen and the help of market insights and education.
Visit TD Ameritrade
(74-89% of retail CFD accounts lose money)
- FXCM offers its proprietary platform Trading Station, MT4, and third-party Capitalise AI and TradingView via mobile, all of them available on both iOS and Android.
- With the FXCM Trading Station mobile app, you will find real-time price charts, real-time alerts, and exclusive trading and analytics tools.
- With the MT4 mobile app, the platform will be connected to the FXCM server and you can benefit from all the high-level tools offered by the platform via mobile.
- The same with the third-party Capitalize AI, the platform will be connected to the FXCM server. You can modify, stop or automate your new trading strategies.
- With the third-party social trading platform TradingView, you will have access to advanced charts, price alerts, and real-time data.
71% of retail CFD accounts lose money
- Plus500’s proprietary mobile App is available on both Android and iOS.
- Within the Plus500 app, you can benefit from using an unlimited demo account and choosing among 2000+ CFD assets, including 60+ forex currency pairs.
- The Plus500 app provides a great experience with high-level trading tools.
- Within the app, you can get informed anytime with real-time alerts via email, push, and SMS, as well as graphs and quotes in real-time.
- With the Plus500 mobile app there is the possibility to customize your trading orders: a guaranteed stop-loss feature is available, together with other functions.
(77% of retail CFD accounts lose money)
About The Author
Online Broker For You